FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 18, 2020
CONTACT: Seal Rock Water District
PO Box 190
1037 NW Grebe Street, Seal Rock OR 97376
SEAL ROCK WATER DISTRICT RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), GOVERNOR BROWN’S EXECUTIVE ORDER OF MARCH 12, 2020 AND LINCOLN COUNTY COMMISSIONERS DECLARATION OF STATE OF EMERGENCY
Oregon Governor, Kate Brown, issued Executive Order No. 20-05 On March 12, 2020 prohibiting large gatherings due to coronavirus (COVID-19). The order prohibits large social gatherings of 250 people or more across the state. Governor Brown has ordered the implementation of social distancing measures recommending the cancellation of events hosting more than 10 persons in high-risk populations. High-risk populations include older adults and those with underlying health conditions, as well as individuals without stable housing. On March 18, 2020 Lincoln County Commissioners adopted a resolution declaring a State of Emergency for Lincoln County. We are encouraging everyone to follow the CDC recommendations on social distancing by avoiding public spaces and limiting personal contact in the community. Seal Rock Water District will follow Governor Brown’s direction and Oregon Health Authority’s guidance and for the protection of customers and district employees will implement measures that include:
- All non-essential meetings of 10-persons or more in district buildings are canceled for 30 days or until further notice.
- To protect staff and the public SRWD will limit attendance to regularly scheduled Board meetings and Budget meetings to 10-persons and open a phone-in (conference line) option for those customers and attendees that wish to participate in the meetings.
- All non-essential travel by district representatives has been canceled.
- SRWD is encouraging district staff and customers to practice social distancing and follow measures provided by the CDC to stop the spread of germs.
- The District will reduce access to the office to appointment only effective March 19th until further notice.
- Customers are encouraged to pay their bill online at www.XpressBillPay.com or call 1-855-603-9201.
- Use our payment drop box located outside our office at 1037 NW Grebe Street or mail your payment to our PO Box.
- Enroll in the My Water Usage Customer Portal at biy.ly/mywaterusage. Be sure to enter your service address exactly as it appears on your bill – example: 1037 NW GREBE ST (all caps and do not spell out street and no punctuation.)
- Temporary immediate suspension of delinquent turn-offs through the April billing cycle. This action will be reevaluated before the May billing cycle. Late fees will continue to be assessed for late payments.
- Please call us at 541.563.3529 or email us at (redacted) if you have any questions.
Implementing these measures will reduce exposure to COVID-19 for our customers and staff. Like most municipal water suppliers throughout the state, we do not anticipate any disruption in service. We encourage anyone interested in learning more to please visit the CDC website for more information and updates on COVID-19 at www.cdc.gov/COVID19.
Thank you for being our customer and thank you for your patience with the district as we do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19. We look forward to everyone staying healthy and getting back to normal as soon as possible.